Anchor text linking , keyword ratios and the new linking methods
Just do a google search for "funny pics" and search engines return results for "funny photos" and "funny pictures" instead of the keyword funny pics. This search result in fact gives us several other possible alternatives to exact-match links which can be used for keyword linking if you are targeting funny pics as a keyword.
Use google search to find alternative keywords for your link building
Not many people use a google search trick called the tilde operator . The Google's tilde (~) operator. is a great way to find synonyms or alternative keywords and synonyms to use for back linking
The tilde tells Google to "search for pages that are synonyms or similar to the term that follows." ,
Do a search with the tilde to find alternative keywords and use that a s alternative keywords for your back linking campaign, this can result in lot of traffic from long tail keywords or unknown keywords that bring you new traffic
Find alternative keywords and synonyms
When combined with other operators, such as the negative (-), this gives you a powerful keyword research tool. In the example above, the search query "~cheap gadgets –cheap gadgets" returns "affordable gadgtes", " awesome gadgets," “used gadgets” and "old gadgets." All are alternative keywords for your target keyword and quite relevant to the target aussie search market for which google.com.au has been used in this instance. Synonyms can also be found using this method.
Anchor text linking the right way
Better, more appropriate partial match anchors might include:
- “… meet Sheldon Singh, an experienced tech blogger writing for techradar and gadget australia a recognised technology website.
- "....the group of SEO Masters known best for their work in the SEO industry.
- "...says he's leaving his firm after a disagreement with his partners due to this you tube video.
- Company and branded names - These make great links when called up. People can link to TransparentSEO, Julia Gillards Circus-De-soleil, or Jumping JooJoobees all day long!
Add a bit of generic links
- “Visit website”
- “Read more”
- “Useful site”
- And, of course, “click herE
And a most important point in linking is watch your lick ratio, never keep your main keyword density or ratio more than 50% , be safe and always have other keywords like brand keywords , generic keyworeds and long tail keywords , synonms etc to fill out the rest of 50% to 60% of the balance of keyword linking density